Lalvin EC 1118 Wine Yeast 500 Grams
- Lalvin EC1118 has been selected in a famous sparkling wine region for its excellent properties in producing sparkling base wine as well as “in-bottle” secondary fermentation. It is very resistant to osmotic pressure.
- Lalvin EC1118 is know for its robust and reliable fermentation kinetics. Its sensory contribution is considered neutral as it gives very little sensory contribution to the wine.
- It is used extensively in the world for the production of both red and white wines.
- Brings fresh floral aromas to neutral varieties or high-yield grapes.
- Popular for making Cider.
- Aroma is neutral.
- Fermentation temperature range: 10-30C ( 50-86F ).
- Low SO2 production.
- Very low H2S production.
- Low foam producer.
- Short lag phase and vigorous fermentation.
- Low relative nitrogen demand
- Alcohol tolerance of up to 18%
- Competitive killer factor: Yes.
- Inoculation dosage rate: 0.2-0.4 grams per liter.
Selected by the Institut Oenologique de Champagne (IOC) in Epernay, France. Reference strain for sparkling wine. Is the original, steady low foamer, and is popular for barrel fermentations. It is an excellent choice for secondary fermentations of sparkling wine. Ferments well at low temperatures and flocculates with compact lees. Under low nutrient conditions Lalvin EC1118TM can produce high amounts of SO2 (up to 50 ppm) and, as a result, may inhibit malolactic fermentation.
|Micron||10 - 25 micron|