Five Star - Star San High-Foaming, Acid Based, No-Rinse Sanitizer - 5 Gallon Pail
- An acid-based sanitizer that is quick, odorless, and tasteless. Works well and is safe on most surfaces other than soft metals. The high foaming action insures coverage and better penetration of nooks and crannies.
- An additional $25 Haz Mat shipping charge will be added post check-out to each item purchased.
- Self-foaming, which helps to penetrate cracks and crevices
- Odorless, flavorless, biodegradable, and environmentally friendly
- Will not harm septic systems
- Reduces water spotting and can be used without rinsing when used at the recommended dilution.
- Appearance: Liquid- Amber, dark brown to straw color
- Odor: Slightly alcoholic
- Phosphate Content as % Phosphorus: 5.8%
- Specific Gravity: 1.320
- pH of mixed solution: 3.0 or below
- Country of Origin: USA
- Haz Mat: Yes
General Use Instructions
- Clean equipment.
- Fill container for equipment with water at temperature ranging from 50 F (38 C ) to 120 F ( 71 C ).
- Pour in Star San at a dosage rate of 1 ounce per 5 gallons.
- Mix into solution.
- Allow contact time for at least 5 minutes.
- Do not rinse.
- If using for parts, assemble parts while wet to create a sanitary seal.
- Sanitized equipment that is efficiently cleaned with cleaners and acids still have a chance of growing bacteria and mold. This makes sanitation one of the most important steps in cleaning, as it is designed to kill microorganisms. Sanitizers are meant to be used on already cleaned equipment because they are mush less effective when dirt, oils, or organic materials are present. There are many different ways to sanitize and many of them don’t require an additional rinse afterward.
- A good cleaning product will work to remove organic soils on contact, without requiring laborious scrubbing. When looking for a new product, take into account your manufacturing process, amount of leftover soils, and the equipment’s materials.
- Five Star Chemicals is a full-service provider of cleaning and sanitizing chemicals for breweries, distilleries, cideries, wineries, and other beverage industries. As a proven leader since 1980, Five Star has developed many unique, innovative and patented products. Many Five Star products are approved for use by the USDA, FDA or EPA. All products have been formulated with safety, equipment material, compatibility, and quality in mind.