Five Star - Acid #6 Phosphoric / Nitric Blend with Detergents - 4 x 1 Gallon
- Minimum order 1 case of 4 One Gallon Bottles
- Formulated as a keg cleaner to solve scale formation that develops with standard alkaline cleaner. Its blend of detergent and acid quickly penetrates dried beer and easily dissolves oxalate scale. Being an acid detergent, it can clean in a CO2 environment without damaging the keg. Continual use as the main keg cleaner will keep the keg scale free and condition its inner surfaces. It can also be used as the main cleaner in brite beer tanks. Its ability to work cold and in CO2 makes it ideal for this job.
- An additional $25 Haz Mat shipping charge will be added post check-out to each item purchased.
- Low-foaming action quickly penetrates hard to remove scale
- A highly detersive acid cleaner designed to be used in CO2 environments
- When used in CO2 environments, alkaline/caustic step can be eliminated because of its added detergents
- Appearance: Liquid – Blue to Purple
- Foam: Low
- Wetting: Good
- pH at 0.5%: 2.1
- pH at 1.0%: 1.8
- Biodegradable: Yes
- Country of Origin: USA
General Use Instructions
- Set automatic keg washer to a 2 minute wash cycle. The temperature setting should be set between 120-160 F. It is not necessary to evacuate the kegs of CO2.
- Make up a solution of Acid #6 at a rate of 1-2 oz. per gallon of water.
- Pre-rinse kegs with warm water to remove excessive beer.
- Run kegs as the machine is preset.
- Sanitize kegs with Five Star Saniclean.
BRITE BEER TANK
- Pre-rinse tanks with cold water. Do not evacuate CO2.
- Make a solution of Acid #6 at a rate of 2-3 oz. per gallon of water.
- Circulate the Acid #6 solution for 15-20 minutes at 45-60 F. If desired some of the wash solution can be used to clean the tap lines during the wash cycle.
- Rinse brite beer tank and tap lines with potable water. Prior to start up sanitize equipment with a suitable sanitizing rinse.
- While alkaline cleaners are great for removing oils and heavy soils, they are not great for things like beer stone, water scale, and aluminum oxide. This is where acid cleaners flourish. Alkaline and acid cleaners are meant to be used in conjunction as part of a 2-part cleaning regimen for the most effective clean.
- When using acid cleaners ensure that you are using the appropriate solution and blend for your equipment’s material. Some acids work best at certain temperatures, so always make sure to check the usage guide for your chosen product.
- A good cleaning product will work to remove organic soils on contact, without requiring laborious scrubbing. When looking for a new product, take into account your manufacturing process, amount of leftover soils, and the equipment’s materials.
- Five Star Chemicals is a full-service provider of cleaning and sanitizing chemicals for breweries, distilleries, cideries, wineries, and other beverage industries. As a proven leader since 1980, Five Star has developed many unique, innovative and patented products. Many Five Star products are approved for use by the USDA, FDA or EPA. All products have been formulated with safety, equipment material, compatibility, and quality in mind.